Rebolledo de la Torre, Burgos
Church of Saints Julián and Basilisa
The church of Saints Julián and Basilisa was originally built in the late twelfth century. Two inscriptions are provided, one, on the west window of the portico, dates the work to 1186 and names the sculptor Juan de Piasca, and the other on the baptismal font, states its creation date of 1195. In the sixteenth century, however, the building was heavily reconstructed, leaving only the portico generally intact, albeit walled in. It remained enclosed until the building's modern restoration in 1928. The portico is heavily decorated, including a row of figural and vegetal capitals sculpted in the round, a carved alfiz, and numerous corbels.